Shredded BBQ chicken & beans (gluten free & dairy free)
Today I’m sharing this easy slow cooker shredded BBQ chicken and beans recipe. It’s great for work lunches and goes perfectly with homemade burrito bowls, jacket sweet potatoes and tortillas!
Shredded BBQ chicken & beans
(gluten free & dairy free)
Over the past couple of month I’ve have a few emails from some of my clients who are struggling to get inspired by food and have found themselves eaten the same thing over and over again so I decided to put more effort into getting some of my favourite recipes on here so I can give you guys some ideas to start cooking up a storm in the kitchen!
I’m a big believer in spending an hour or so on a Sunday prepping food for the coming week – especially lunches as being strictly gluten free means that it’s difficult for me to grab a healthy lunch on the go! My slow cooker is probably my second most-used kitchen item (after my NutriBullet) and if you haven’t got one then I seriously recommend purchasing one – they’re not even very expensive – mine only cost £25!
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and don’t forget you can share any of your acne friendly recipes on Instagram using the hashtag #SkynApproved!
Peace, Love & Clear Skin,
- 1kg organic chicken breast
- 2 cans organic adzuki beans
- 2 Romano sweet pepper
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 170g tomato paste
- 6 pitted dates
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tblsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Turn on the slow cooker to low and let it heat up
- Add the coconut oil to the slow cooker and let it melt
- Put the onion, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, salt, apple cider vinegar, pitted dates, liquid smoke and garlic in a blender and blitz till smooth
- Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker and mix with the melted coconut oil
- Pour over the sauce and cover the chicken
- Chop up the Romano peppers and add to the slow cooker along with the 2 cans on adzuki beans
- Pop the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours
- Once 5 hours is up, remove each chicken breast and shread with two forks
- Return all the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and stir to combine all the ingredients together
- Transfer to an air tight container, store in the fridge and use within 5 days