Is ketchup your all-time favourite condiment? It’s definitely mine! However, I’m now unable to handle that artificial, sugary ketchup that I used to eat with absolutely everything! These days I prefer to make my own batches of ketchup that are sugar-free and full of skin-friendly goodness.
If you’re suffering from digestive issues which are resulting in lots of inflammation, then you may benefit from cutting out the food group nightshades which includes potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines, peppers and goji berries. To learn more about why nightshades could be causing you gut (therefore your skin) major issues, head over here to read this post.
Nightshade Free ‘No-Mato’ Ketchup
In my quest for tasty nightshade-free culinary delights I’ve been researching lots of ideas to replace my beloved ketchup and I think I’ve developes a winner – and it’s made from carrots!
It’s surprisingly easy to make and tastes really delicious!
- 5 large carrots
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 1/4 cup yacon syrup (or coconut nectar)
- 6 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder
- Boil up a pan of water
- Peel the carrots and chop into small disks
- Boil the carrots till they’re nice and soft
- In a blender blitz the carrots until smooth then add all the other ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
Are you currently avoiding nightshades for your skin? I’d love to know what you think of this nightshade free ‘No-Mato’ Ketchup!
Peace, Love & Clear Skin,