This recipe shows you how to make creamy homemade sugar free mayonnaise with just an immersion blender.
When I took the plunge and decided to remove all sugar from my diet I had no idea how difficult it would be! Sure, it was obvious there would be not more chocolate and sweets but over the weeks I realised how many foods have sugar hidden within them.
I’ve actually got a confession to make, I was eating shop-bought mayo for months before I realised it contained sugar! I mean? Why? Why on earth does sugar need to be in mayonnaise?! It didn’t even occur to me to check the label of a humble jar of mayonnaise…though it appears that nothing on our supermarket shelves is sugar-free nowadays. I started off searching for a mayonnaise that didn’t contain sugar and there just simply wasn’t one – no mater how organic, how posh or how basic, they all contained sugar! I really couldn’t bare the thought of adding another messy, time-consuming recipe to my already jam-packed ‘food-prep Sundays’ so I was received to discover this amazing alternative!
Easy, healthy, homemade sugar free mayonnaise
Thankfully, this is the easiest recipe ever known in the history of the universe! I tried making my own mayo years ago and didn’t have much luck – it seemed too complicated and it ended up separating and had to be chucked away so I never bothered trying to make it again. That was until I found myself desperately seeking a simple sugar-free dipping sauce for my eggs, sweet potato chips and anything else that was dip-worthy! This recipe is so easy and fool-proof you’ll never want to buy shop-bought mayo ever again.
There are so many variations you can do to this recipe to liven up your mayo. I like to add a bulb of roasted garlic but you can also add some chilli paste, mustard, pepper, basil or other herbs/spices to create your own mayo flavour!
What you’ll need:
Easy, healthy, homemade sugar-free mayonnaise
- Immersion Blender
- Jar that fits the head of the blender
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Light/Mild Olive Oil
- 3 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt
- Put 1 cup of light/mild Olive oil or Rapeseed oil into the jar and add the 3 teaspoons of ACV/Lemon Juice and pinch of salt and any other ingredients to flavour your mayo.
- Crack the egg into the jar (you can crack it into a separate bowl first to avoid any shell getting into the mixture.)
- Give the egg 10 seconds or so to settle at the bottom of the jar.Easy, healthy, homemade sugar-free mayonnaise
- Put you immersion blender into the jar and push it right down to the bottom.
- Set it onto high speed and blend for 20 seconds without moving the blender. Just hold it there! You’ll literally see mayo appear before your eyes!
- Once the 20 seconds is up you might see a thin layer of oil still on the top of the mixture – now you can move your blender around so it mixes up that last bit of oil but only give it another 5 seconds or so, if you over do it you risk the mixture separating.
- Pull the blender out and use a spoon to scrape off any mayo from the blades and add it back in the jar. Pop the lid on, store in the fridge and use within 7-10 days. It’s really that simple!
Have you tried making your own mayonnaise before? Once you’ve tried this simple, homemade sugar-free version you’ll never want to go back to the shop-bought stuff!
Peace, Love & Clear Skin