These creamy sugar free chocolate truffles are seriously to die for! They’re made with just 5 ingredients, including yacon syrup (pronounced ya-cone) – a totally acne friendly sweetener that’s only 1 on the GI scale! Not only does it have zero effect on your blood sugar levels, but it’s also a good source of prebiotics – meaning it feeds the GOOD bacteria in your gut and not the BAD bacteria like all over sugars and sweeteners (yes, even the natural sugars feed the bad bacteria in your gut!)
Have you ever tried Booja Booja chocolate truffles? They are SO SO delicious but unfortunately they use Agave syrup which isn’t a sweetener that I recommend using on a regular basis. Anyway, Booja Booja chocolate truffles are so creamy and smooth and just melt in the mouth – but they’re also really rich so it’s actually quite hard to over-indulge on them, even for a total choc-a-holic like myself! I really wanted to recreate that same smooth, creamy texture and rich flavour but with safer ingredients for us acne-prone lot!
This recipe has a similar vibe to my “Dairy Milk” chocolate recipe – except I’ve recently discovered something that has made my chocolate making SO MUCH easier! My secret? Chocolate Liquor Button from My Protein! Instead of using cacao powder, cacao butter and coconut oil to make your chocolate base – these buttons are all you need to start getting creative with awesome chocolate ideas at home!
Yacon syrup and NuNatural Liquid Stevia are two kitchen essentials that I’m never without, if you haven’t got them in your cupboard I highly recommend you source some ASAP! Having them on hand at all times mean that if a crazy sugar craving hits, I can quickly whip up a chocolate milkshake with cacao powder, coconut milk and some yacon or stevia and I won’t have to worry about the negative effects of a sugar rush! I don’t use them often as they’re quite pricey, but when it comes to making my own chocolate – I wouldn’t use anything else as I love knowing that all the ingredients I’m using are great for my gut and great for my skin!
Don’t forget to share your acne friendly recipes on Instagram using the hashtag #SkynApproved!
Peace, Love & Clear Skin,
P.S Oh! The silicone mould I used to get that perfect square shaped truffles are these ice cube moulds from Lakeland!
Healthy sugar free chocolate truffles (candida friendly)
- 150ml (2/3 cup) Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Chocolate Liquor Buttons
- 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts
- 1 tblsp Coconut oil
- 3 tblsp Yacon Syrup
- 15 drops of NuNaturals Liquid Stevia
- Cacao powder (to dust)
- Blend the coconut cream, coconut oil, macadamia nuts, yacon syrup and stevia drops
- Melt the chocolate liquor buttons in a bowl over boiling water
- Once melted, remove from heat and slowly add the coconut cream mixture while continuously mixing with a hand whisk
- You’ll find that the mixture may thicken up and start to curdle, put the mixture back into the blender and blitz at high speed till it becomes a smooth, thick, ganache like mixture
- Fill a silicone mould with the mixture then immediately place in the freezer to quickly set for 2 hours
- Once set you can toss the truffles in some cacao powder to give them a professional finish
- Transfer them to the fridge to enjoy at your pleasure!